25 August 2013

Top 5 of All Time - Movie Motivation

We all need a little motivation now and then and a little pep talk can go a long way. I get my motivation form a few places and one of them is listening to some good old movie quotes and speeches. There's always a little priceless nugget of advice to be found somewhere.

So for this week's Top 5 of All Time I'm going for my favourite motivating and inspiring movie moments. Let's go! (Click the images to get to the videos)

Pursuit of Happiness

5 » The Pursuit of Happiness!
This movie made me cry! Like openly sob. It was just so moving and this part when Chris is talking to his son and realises that he has basically told his son not to follow his dream ugh - Pass the hankies. I just love the look on Will Smith's face when he realises that if he leaves it there he could have, in one swift moment, stopped his son from dreaming for the rest of his life. It's as if his son's life flashed before his eyes and it wasn't a happy one. Beautiful part of the movie.


Batman Begins





4 » Batman Begins
This pretty much sets up the entire trilogy, there is the start of Dark Knight Rises where Bruce has stopped listening, but he gets there in the end. It's a lesson that says it's ok to fail - that's how we learn to succeed. If you fall flat on your face just get up, dust yourself off and keep on trucking - or rambling as the case may be in the Nolanverse.


Ferris Bueller




3 »   Ferris Bueller
I first heard this when I was younger and I kind of got it then, but as I got older and wiser and went through some "stuff" and suffered a great loss it became more meaningful and important to me. Life does move pretty really fast and we do need to remember to stop some times and appreciate what we have, who we have and who we are. Live in the now man!


Little Miss Sunshine  
2 »   Little Miss sunshine
One of my favourite's with a sweary word for emphasis! This is one that comes up with me every now and then. When I'm wondering whether I should give up my dreams and take a job just for the money for the rest of my life. Right now I'm kind of working three jobs and barely scraping by. I love each one, but there is always this niggling feeling whether it's time to just let it all go and get the "normal" job. I mean yeah I'd love to work in a studio full time surrounded by other creative folk and I'm giving it everything I've got to try and find that, but they're thin on the ground. I know in my heart that I will eventually get to where I want to be, I just have to keep doing what I love to get there!
*Apologies for the lack of quality one the video on this one, it's the only clip on YouTube I could find*


Rocky Balboa









1 »   Rocky Balboa
I said it before in my 5 Things We Can Learn From Rocky post, life is tough sometimes and we all get knocked down occasionally. The hits can be hard too and totally deflate us in every way, but as Rocky says we have to be willing to take the hits and keep moving. That's how we accomplish our goals no matter how hard things get. Nothing worth doing is easy so fight it out to the end and it'll all be worth it!


So these are my Top 5 Motivational Movie Quotes and I hope you get as much out of them as I do. If you have any that I haven't mentioned then leave a comment below as you can never have too many inspiring snippets of wisdom in your life!

//Website//Twitter//Facebook//

No comments: