18 June 2013

Weekly Wishes

 

Today I'm linking up with The Nectar Collective's Weekly Wishes series to where we share our goals, challenges and wishes for the week.

I'm on a mission to improve my writing skills and last week an opportunity raised its lovely little head that couldn't be allowed to get away. Movie review site Mike and Rusty's Reviews placed an ad on Gumtree asking for designers to help voluntarily with web graphics, this was a great opportunity in itself so I emailed asking for more info and if I could offer my help.

A fantastic reply from Mike arrived a couple of days later saying that they would love my help, but also included the question: "would you like to write for us too?"

My initial reaction was no as I have little experience writing for my own blog never mind a review website, then my gut and heart kicked in!

My on-going challenge this year is to write, write and write some more, gaining experience along the way. Here it was, in my inbox, the perfect opportunity to write for others. Could I really say no?

No! I'm throwing myself in at the deep end - time to swim.

This weeks challenge to myself is to get that first review written and get the ball rolling.
Wish me luck.
 
The Nectar Collective
- See more at: http://thenectarcollective.com/#sthash.Pxme8hmQ.dpuf
//Website//Twitter//Facebook//

 
The Nectar Collective
- See more at: http://thenectarcollective.com/#sthash.RFUbCviI.dpuf
 

No comments: