7 May 2013

What I'm Most Afraid Of

I didn't know where to start with this one. A phobia? Something a little daft? Something profound? And then I thought profound could lead to a fear of death {a tad morbid} and one of my phobias really is something daft. So let’s go with daft!

So hear it is dear reader, one of my biggest phobias and I beg you to try and not laugh at me. {Peter already finds this hilarious and uses it to frighten, no end!}

Lycaonphobia

Cycle of the Werewolf
That's right, I am, quite literally terrified of werewolves! I know they don't exist, but they are the one thing in horror films I just can't handle and believe me, looking for accompanying pictures for this post was most uncomfortable.

It stems from an early childhood fear of Michael Jackson's Thriller. I can remember hiding under the covers while listening to that door creek coming from my little Fisher Price cassette player, but that wasn't the real beginning of the fear. Oh no! - It came from the music video.

Cycle of the Werewolf
It was on TV late one night, when at the age of 5 or 6 I had snuck downstairs to find my dad watching the most terrifying thing I'd ever seen - Michael Jackson in a werewolf mask!

I think eventually I could have got over it, but not long after I somehow saw a clip from American Werewolf in London - the one where David opens his eyes in hospital and they're all yellow and wolf like - I'm getting the heebee jeebies just typing this!

Other movies and images have cemented this fear over the years; a Stephen King’s Cycle of the Werewolf, The Howling. Even to this day I get a little uneasy at movies. The new Wolfman movie, Dog Soldiers, Van Hellsing even - the latter being the most pathetic.

Anyway enough madness. I'm hoping there is some fellow blogger that shares my {really daft} fear or has an equally mad phobia of things that aren't real.

Leave a comment to let me know I'm not alone. 



//Website//Twitter//Facebook//

Don't forget to leave your blog link in the comments

No comments: