4 May 2013

My Favourite Quote


"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."


Seeing as it's Saturday and I have a day off, my favourite quote fits pretty well.
I did my fair share of skipping school {apologies to my parents and teachers}, but none of my days off were as eventful as Ferris'. Instead of singing in a parade I spent my time reading Lord of the Rings, which took almost my entire 6th year of high school to read - again apologies to Mr Clark for missing Graphic Communication!

There are times I've been stressed, tired, anxious or run down and each time I've remembered these words, I've stopped the noise in my brain for a few minutes or hours. Not really enough!
Now that I'm on my mission to be more mindful, the quote has a deeper meaning. In order to look around I stop, breathe, notice and just be. If we focus on the positives for as little as 5 minutes a day, we could all feel less stressed, recharged and that little bit happier.

It sums up how we should all live - take it easy, appreciate what we have and most importantly enjoy life.

And if we ever get the chance to fly around town in that Ferrari... take it!

//Website//Twitter//Facebook//





No comments: