6 May 2013

What Do You Do?

I was all set to talk about my 3 jobs when I finally read the question properly: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer this question, "what do you do?" Tricky!

But then again, it's not really when I start to list all the things I do or try to fit in a day. 

When I take a break from working I can usually be found reading. I'm both a great and terrible reader. Great because I just can't get enough information or imagination from the things I read and terrible as I tend to read more than one book at a time, not good for the concentration.

I crave the escapism of fiction, that feeling of not being able to put the book down and the growth I go through with books on being creative, mindfulness and the fair amount of cook books that are now on my Kindle. 

If I'm not reading then I'll be doodling something in a sketchbook or doing a tutorial in Photoshop or Illustrator. I do tend to get frustrated when what I'm working on doesn't go as planned or turn out as good as I'd hoped, which could lead to all my work being deleted or thrown in the bin! Not good practice I know, but I guess its a way of letting go and moving forward to the next thing and not dwelling on the terrible work I've just done. On the other hand, maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself.

And if any of that isn't on the cards for the day, I'll be in the kitchen... baking. Now that we have a lovely flat to call our own I really enjoy cooking and, even more so than before, baking. I love 2 things most in the kitchen - My Kenwood mixer {thanks Mum} and my slow cooker {thanks Grandma}. Both make life in the kitchen easy and most importantly fun!
Just yesterday I was in there baking up a storm with muffins and oatbars.


So other than work, that's mainly what I can be found doing. Other obvious activities include watching various things on the Telly, watching and talking about movies in a nerdy fashion and playing the odd game on the Xbox. 

I am hoping to add another skill to my repertoire come the summer, when I can get out in to our tiny little garden and create our own little bit of paradise - Wish me luck!

P.S.  I'd definitely welcome any gardening tips!!

//Website//Twitter//Facebook//



Don't forget to leave your blog link in the comments

No comments: